Sunday, February 15, 2009

My first blog attempt

By Lisa:
Well, here I am. Yep, the original "Wow I want to learn how to do that -Ok I'm bored with that -" Oh let me try that." I have created and sold at craft fairs and galleries porcelain dolls, corn shuck dolls, corn shuck flowers and wreaths, wheat weaving, polymer clay figurines and jewelry, polymer clay Santas, embroidery and crewel, rug hooking and too many more to list! I have now found wool felting and I can combine all of my loves with that craft. I began with needle felting and making bears and animals-proceeded onto jewelry where I discovered wet felting and making sheets of multi-colored wool fabric (which I haven't decided what I'm going to do with yet) and of course had to incorporate wire wrapping with the jewelry and then back to needle felting on clothing - YIKES- I really love this craft. I can use my hand embroidery, crewel and rug hooking as well as sewing with any part of this craft. So for now-this is it. I hope to post some pictures soon so I can share some of my favorite designs. Happy felting!

No comments:

Post a Comment